it's enough to make you swear

A definition of madness is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different outcome each time.
This morning I signed the petition to protect our countryside, protect the badgers from a cull and stop the government plans for building on green belt land.
I signed the petitions after I watched David Cameron speak to Andrew Marr explaining his ideas for selling off council houses and building one new house for each one sold off.  Oh, please give me strength and find the will to live, I shall end up raiding my secret stache of choccie bars and over dosing on flake bars in despair. 
I banged on and on about regenerating our housing stock in my book "Days of Thrift" (sold as an ebook on Amazon) and in previous blogs.  We do not need to be building houses on green belt land, we can renovate the boarded up shops on the High Street, provide social housing and re-invigorate the local communities, there are thousands of empty houses which could be taken into the housing stock providing thousands of hours of work for builders and all the surrounding trades as the empty houses are made good for habitation and there is plenty of "brown site" land to use.  The green belt does not need to be used nor should the regulations and laws protecting the countryside be weakened or removed.
The bland self satisfied voice of David Cameron explaining in his earnest "head boy" manner (he always uses the same cliches and hand movements when talking to the "Great Unwashed" who don't understand how intelligent he is and how enlightened his proposals are) his ridiculous idea to allow bill boards to be erected anywhere in the countryside made me shout four letter words at the television (why is it that every time there is a conservative government in power I end up swearing like a trooper, I never swore half as much at Tony Blair and he did a lot of things I vehemently opposed and I consider him a war criminal as well so I definitely did not support Labour in a lot of their decisions).
I ask that everyone sign the petition to protect our countryside, we have such a beautiful land and we have to fight to protect it, again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment